Membership Criteria & Fees...
Limited to individuals who can demonstrate, through qualification and/or experience, competency in the field of ruminant nutrition (acceptance is at the discretion of the committee).
Demonstrated qualification is either:
- Holding a tertiary qualification in agricultural science or equivalent with a minimum 2 years’ experience as a practising ruminant nutritionist defined by “providing nutrition advice to ruminant farmers” for example
- as a paid consultant or
- in a technical role providing the same level of expertise as (a) above or
- as a nutritionist formulating ruminant diets
- Passing the AARN examination or MANZCVS (previously MACVSc) examination in Ruminant Nutrition
- Holding an MSc in a relevant ruminant nutrition topic with at least 1 years’ experience as a practising ruminant nutritionist (defined in point i. above)
- Holding a PhD in a relevant ruminant nutrition topic
- Achieving professional status and a position of professional responsibility through the combination of relevant study and a minimum five years’ experience as a practising ruminant nutritionist (defined in point i. above)
Annual Full Membership Fee is $150
Associate Membership is open to individuals who do not yet fully meet the qualifying criteria for full membership (acceptance is at the discretion of the committee).
Annual Associate Membership Fee is $150